Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thank you for inspiring me

Well, folks. We did it. We reached our goal of raising $3,000 to fund Pyramid Atlantic's arts & education programs and we did it in 13 weeks! Congratulations!

What am I taking away from my campaign?

Well, when I started this campaign, I had never raised money by asking people to contribute directly to something that I believed in. I had written grants and put on fundraisers, but never made a direct ask. Asking is different. Its scary. I was scared as many of us are to ask for help and ask for support. I raised to believe that money was a necessary evil and that asking for money was embarrassing, it was begging. No one likes beggars, so no one would like me. But I did not want to go out like that. I did not want my fears to have the last word or determine what I was or was not capable of. I did not know if I was going to raise any money via my campaign, but I knew that if I never tried, I'd never raise any.

So, we raised $3,000 and I learned that the truth is a powerful thing. I have been telling you the truth for 13 weeks. Telling you why being at Pyramid Atlantic these past 3 and half years has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Corny as it sounds, telling you the truth set me free. Free to realize my potential and for that I want to thank Pyramid Atlantic.















Thank you all for listening. Thank you all for contributing. Thank you all for inspiring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment